Thursday, July 26, 2007

SUMMER TIME !!!!!!!


And the livin' is easy...................our days have cooled off a bit, down to 90 from 97-98 degrees. My garden is breathing a huge sigh of relief. So am I. Last night we harvested some more of our "special" New Mexico chili peppers. My husband has become the expert chili roaster and my freezer is starting to show the signs of a bumper crop. The smell of roasting chili peppers in New Mexico is like no other experience. My plan is to harvest some of those big fat "Big Jims" this weekend to make chile rellenos.........oh yum.

Are there "local" foods only found in your part of the world? I'd love to know.

So, kick back, stay cool, sip an iced tea and savor the summer !!!!!!

5 comments:

Gill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

Anything with home grown chili peppers has to be good..!
Local foods?
Hmm...not really, though there is a French Canadian delicacy called Poutine [I don't eat it] made up of french fries, topped with cheese curds and gravy..!
Glad it's cooled down for you...it's hot and very humid here today..!
Sorry! that was me above, but my daughter was logged on, and I used her name in error..!

Linda said...

I love chile rellenos-have to wait until I get back to the States to have them. Well, I'm in France so I guess the chocolate is without parallel and each region has its own speciality. It isn't what you've got but how you use it-I've learned if it is fresh, it is hard to beat.

Merisi said...

Roasted chili peppers! My mouth starts watering, my feet itching, they want to start walking ... Chilis, hot sweet spicy ones, are among my favorite foods. I miss the variety you got. *sniffsniffahsogood*
Special foods only in my part of the world? So-called Rose Apricots from the Danube Valley (Wachau, close to Vienna), maybe? They are small and very taste and do make a wonderful dumbling filler (served rolled in butter toasted fresh bread crumbs and, in my house, with homemade caramel sauce). Lest protests come in, in Hungary they grow Rose Apricots too, apparently (but the Wachau region has a special micro climate).

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

My Mom's cooking now that I am home visiting. Mexican food. Salsa without the dance steps. Cold beer on a hot day.