Friday, August 25, 2006

PATIO MUSINGS

These little flowers are going in a pot on my patio. They grow into large bushes here in New Mexico and as I plan to drop him in the ground, I'm hopeful I'll have one of those large rounded lovely soft purple bushes in my yard some day.

I really enjoy sitting out on my patio, watching the birds scout around the neighborhood for their evening meal. And what few plants I have thus far really bring me so much joy.

I've started landscaping my yard and while I have a good long way to go, I'm enjoying it ~ just one bush at a time. So far I've tried to keep it to drought tolernt items, but those roses are really calling to me. With a long expanse of cream colored brick wall across the full width of the yard, it is so tempting to plant climing roses in various colors.....they would look so pretty.

No comments: