Friday, April 25, 2008

THE ART OF BIRDS INFLIGHT


A happy bird today.

The birds are back. Just like clockwork, the days have warmed, the trees are greening and every morning I have a serenade of birds.

We live in a very arid part of the country. The American Southwest is known for it's hight desert horizons and blazing sunsets. And yes it is beautiful in that way. I love it. However our little neighborhood is like an oasis. Lots of vegetation and trees so the birds are naturally attracted to the area.

Sometime I wish I could freeze them in flight so I can get a better look at how to draw them. Yeah, I know, I could get a book with lots of pictures of birds but somehow there isn't as much joy in that idea. So I'll keep sitting out on my back patio, enjoying the birds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bird feeder too and I love watching them, they are so wonderful :-).

Unknown said...

I guess we are all drawn to birds, aren't we? I love this one, so delicate!

Unknown said...

A lovely post Paula..I too have been birdwatching, especially a pair of swifts that have just arrived in my neighbourhood (they overwinter in Africa and arrive here in April). They are a joy to behold. I also loved the post with the bard and the inserted wagon wheel art - when I am out and about again I will take your challenge to find art in my local world : ) Thanks for lovely mind wanderings inspired by this blog visit..