Thursday, April 17, 2008

WORK IN PROGRESS

Recently I did a day on Canyon Road in Santa Fe. Living so close to one of the great art centers in the world just begs a visit on an occasional basis. I had a great time.

In one of the first stops I saw a beautiful painting. One lonely tree with a serene far-off horizon. I thought it was so lovely. By the end of the day, any many galleries later, there was more than a pattern arising. If I saw one "serene lonely tree" painting, I must have seen 50 !!!!!! So much for the ideal of artists not ripping off one another's ideas !

So that said, I decided it was time for me to do the tree thing as well (click on the photo to get a larger image). Mine is kind of tongue-in-cheek and to quote that guy "Bob Ross" that one tree needed A LITTLE FRIEND !!!! My husband gets up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and turns on PBS to watch Bob Ross. Surely you know that guy. My husband is forever imitating Bob Ross by referring to something that needs a little friend. According to my husband, Bob Ross says that a lot.

So anyway, here is my tongue-in-cheek "lonely tree" painting with a couple of little friends. It is a work in progress, not finished yet. I have no idea where this will go. Got any ideas to pass on??????? Sometimes my ideas need "little friends" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these trees! The pink patchwork of field as background works a treat against the soft green of the trees. Ideas? - no I love it as it is, but if you feel it needs something, may I suggest a small bird flying into or out of the trees? Even a flock in the distance, as they fly towards the trees? But, as I said, I love it as is, the simplicity is very enchanting. (p.s. are you using acrylics, do you mind me asking ;)

Linda said...

I love the painting of the tree and its little friends.