Thursday, June 12, 2008

THE ARTISTS ADVENTURE

Gate On Rio Grande Paula - 2008


The artist ran away from her day job
and along the winding road
it came to be that she
encountered a wall with a gate

She wondered what could be
beyond that gate
it seemed formidable
so whatever was on the other
side must be of great value

Would it be
fortune?

Would it be fame?

Stardust from heaven
instead of rain?

And then she saw the lock
and all hopes
were dashed.

That night she dreamt
she could click her heels
and float over the wall,
but just when the other side
came into view
she awoke.

Fortunes don't live behind
a wall waiting to be discovered.

Fame isn't all it's cracked up
to be and in reality
who needs fame anyway, you
just end up on the front of
scandal magazines.

And as my friend Annie
reminded me,
we are all made of
stardust.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was sooo incredibly perfect!!!!! I so agree, especially with the fame part!!!! Loved it!!

Unknown said...

:):), lovely poem, I really feel what you are talking about here:)
hey girl, you and me and your friend Annie and all your blogfriends are little dusty stars:) lol
love
Andrea

Andrea and Kim said...

Paula, I adore your poem...and it rings so true!

Yeah, who needs fame? We just need a bit of breeze to float on!

Thanks for these lovely words!

Linda said...

That's a nice thought-being made of stardust. And, it's true-our fortune isn't necessarily one of fame and wealth, and it isn't behind a wall. It's what we are living now.

Anonymous said...

Lovely poem! My motto is Trust where you are. Who needs fame to be happy, not us stars :-).

Andrea and Kim said...

Paula, I hope you don't mind, but I put a quote from this beautiful poem in the Quote Section of my blog...if it bothers you, let me know and I will remove it! :)

Peace!

david santos said...

I love this poem!
Fantastic...
Happy day